How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Peter Your Own Question
Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 28143
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Peter is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our 7 1/2 lb. toy poodle, age 6 1/2years, just ate one small

Customer Question

Our 7 1/2 lb. toy poodle, age 6 1/2years, just ate one small chocolate-covered raisin (dark chocolate). Is that enough of a toxin to harm her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How many grams or ounces was the chocolate? 2- How many raisins? 3- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1-less than 3 grams 2- one raisin 3-yes
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, chocolate toxicity and raisin toxicity are very dose dependent. In this case, the amount of chocolate and raisin consumed is too small for toxicity to occur. No need to induce vomiting your dog will be fine. No symptoms expected. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!

Related Dog Veterinary Questions