How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Michael Salkin Your Own Question
Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 27974
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Michael Salkin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dr. Bruce, my son's german sheppard, 11 months old, 80 lbs

Customer Question

Hi Dr. Bruce, my son's german sheppard, 11 months old, 80 lbs bit into a tide to go pen, I don't know how much he ingested, there was still a quarter to half liquid that poured out when we saw he had it, it was not a brand new pen so it had been used in the past.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. This product is a combination of solvents, surfactants, and oxygen bleaches. These aren't considered serious toxins to dogs but can be expected to cause minor gastrointestinal distress - inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea. Treatment involves diluting the product by forcing fluids or by offering tasty liquids to drink - broths, milk or cream and even soups. An over the counter antacid such as famotidine (Pepcid) dosed at 0.25 mg /lb and repeated in 12 hours should afford a distressed dog some comfort. No lasting adverse effects are expected. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.