Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

I actually have 2 questions. I just got a puppy two weeks

Customer Question

Hi, I actually have 2 questions. I just got a puppy two weeks ago and I want to feed her the best possible food. I've been doing a bunch of research and I'm torn between Blue Buffalo Wilderness for puppies or Orijen for puppies. Which of the 2 is better in your opinion? Or could you recommend something better? My other question is regarding an allergy I might be developing because of my puppy. I break out in rashes when I hug her or when she licks me. Giving her up is not an option. Could you recommend an otc medicine that I could take to handle my pet allergy? Thanks!
-Amanda
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, Amanda. I apologize that my colleagues could not assist you while I was away. Still, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Actually both are fine diets, but I do tend to lean towards Blue Buffalo Wilderness since I have seen a lot of good results with my patients. So, either would be absolutely fine for Koda and I would say that the main guide here would be to choose the one that she likes (since her reliably eating it is very important to her development too). Otherwise, as I am not a human doctor, I cannot say what would be best to treat your allergies. But I would note that OTC antihistamines (ie Benadryl, Cetirizine, Loratidine, Fexofenadine) can be very helpful in these cases. Though if you are severely affected, then you may need a stronger prescription treatment or immuno-desensitization treatment to overcome this allergy.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Koda. How is everything going?

nekovet