Vet_Dr.Drea
Vet_Dr.Drea, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Boarded, licensed, and accredited veterinarian. Interests: general medicine, ophthalmology (eyes).
76915428

My 95 lb lab ate about 30-35 nauzene tablets . Contains

Customer Question

My 95 lb lab ate about 30-35 nauzene tablets for nausea. Contains no aspirin. I found the empty box when I got home. She seems fine, but is there anything I should do.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Vet_Dr.Drea replied 1 year ago.
Hello, as a licensed veterinarian I am happy to assist you!
The good news is that Clover will likely be just fine. Though she ate a lot of them (as labs always do!), the active ingredient in this medication is not toxic and does not cause overdoses. However, as with any sudden change to their "diet" this could cause vomiting and/or diarrhea.
The only exceptions to this would be if she has a heart condition (as these tablets are high in sodium) or diabetes (as they are high in sugar), in which case I would take her to a vet for monitoring as they could complicate these conditions.
Otherwise, I recommend just keeping an eye on her. If she starts acting strange/is not her normal self, acts sick, or has vomiting or diarrhea that persists, a trip to the vet would be warranted.
Thank you for your question- I hope you find this information useful! Please feel free to respond with additional questions please remember to rate my answer so I receive credit for my time.
All the best to you and Clover,
Dr. Drea