Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

I have a 5 yr old Portuguese Water dog who in just the past day or so

Customer Question

I have a 5 yr old Portuguese Water dog who in just the past day or so always wants to be outside and its hot out. Seems to be eating regularly and drinking. No vomiting and no problems going. Just wants to lay oiutside and needs to be coaxed to come in.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Seamus's behavior isn't pathognomonic (specifically indicative) of anything in veterinary medicine and so I would consider more mundane reasons for his behavior such as preferring the warmth outside or his desire not to socialize at this time. Unless symptoms arose - sneezing, coughing, vomiting, diarrhea, increased respiratory rate, pale mucous membranes of his gums and tongue, lameness, shaking/trembling/vocalizing when approached or lifted (pain responses), I don't see any urgency in having his vet take a look at him. May I have an update on Seamus, please?