Dr. Jo
Dr. Jo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM from Iowa State University in 1994; actively engaged in private regular and emergency practice since that time.
36050890

My dog has testa ulnar tuner last 4 months, he is shaking

Customer Question

My dog has testa ulnar tuner for the last 4 months, he is shaking now which means he is in Paine I guess. What should I do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I'm Dr. Jo and I'm here to help you with your question about Teddy. I'm so sorry he isn't doing well, but glad you're looking for the information you need. To ensure we're properly connected, please type in a short response and click REPLY or SEND.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.
I'm so sorry to hear you suspect Teddy is in pain. I'm sure that's terrible to watch. You are correct that a common reason dogs will shake is because of pain. There are some other reasons, though, like electrolyte (blood chemistry) disturbances, weakness, and problems with the nervous system.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.
Regardless of the cause, I'm hopeful something can be done to give Teddy some relief.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.
Because so many different things can be done to help pain or address any one of these other things that can cause shaking, I'd advise taking Teddy to the vet so he can get the help he needs. Your vet can prescribe pain medications that can give a lot of relief. It's important to avoid the temptation to give over-the-counter or human medications because these can do much more harm than good.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.
The good news is that you already have plans to take Teddy to the vet in the morning. That way they'll be able to determine if it's pain or something else causing the shaking. Also, you can rest assured that your vet will be addressing pain control for Teddy in association with his surgery. I would expect you'll be taking home some medication to give him for pain and swelling for the next several days.
I hope this information helps.
If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please let me know by ACCEPTING my answer and giving me a positive rating.
If you are not, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.
Thank you.
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in to see if you have any additional questions after reviewing the information I provided above.
I hope Teddy has a good visit to the vet today and gets the relief he needs.
Please remember I am here for you and am happy to discuss your question until you are satisfied with the answer I've provided. You may return to this page at any time to review this information and/or post more. You may do so even after you've ACCEPTED my answer and rated my response. I'll be notified of your response via email and will do my best to help you.
If you are satisfied with the information I've provided, please take a moment to ACCEPT my answer and rate my response. I've done my best to provide you with the most accurate, thorough and up-to-date information that is available, and your positive feedback is important to me. Without it, I receive no compensation for helping you.
If you are not satisfied, please let me know how else I may be of assistance.
Thank you for using our website.