Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 15 year old dog was given Gabapentin 50milligrams 12 hours

Customer Question

My 15 year old dog was given Gabapentin 50milligrams 12 hours apart. When I went to give him the first pill for today, he just started these yesterday, I dropped the bottle and quickly picked them up. Just now I took one for after he is fed and realized I was missing one. If he injested two this morning I certainly would not give any more but I'm want to make sure he is okay and should I take him to the emergency vet.. He ate all his food, we walked in the back yard and he has drank plenty of water. Will he be alright???
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How much does he weigh?