Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My large silver Collie is always laying down last week.

Customer Question

My large silver Collie is always laying down for the last week. He is older and has problems with his legs. He developed some kind of sore on one side on his hip area. We turn him and wash him constantly. It's not healing. What can we do to make it feel better. Seems to hurt him.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Has he been on any treatment for his legs?
Can he stand and walk at all?
How often are you turning him?
Can you take a photo of this sore? If you can do so, this will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar above your text box. Or if you cannot see that on your computer/phone, then you can post them on an alternative site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, imgur, etc) and paste the web link here for me to check.