Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My dog seems very disorientated. He's two years old and

Customer Question

Hi my dog seems very disorientated. He's two years old and was very lethargic last night. When he woke up he was going in circles and walking backwards trying to climb the walls. He had a little drink and slept for three hrs and is now back to excessive panting standing staring
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am Dr. Joey. Thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 15 years of experience. I look forward to working with you. I apologize that no expert has jumped in to answer your question yet.The symptoms you mention in your dog suggest some sort of primary neurological problem, especially the walking in circles. My top suspicion would be that he had a seizure. If he is entirely recovered then he may have been in the recovery phase (called "post-ictal) after a seizure. However, if he does this again, then he must be seen on emergency. If a dog has more than 2 seizures in a short time period especially if this severe with a prolonged recovery it means he needs an exam and some lab work to evaluate for potential issues that could cause seizures such as toxicity (especially lead) or liver issues. If all lab work is normal then this could be epilepsy or another primary cerebral (brain) issue such as infection that may require further screening. Drug therapy would be indicated if he has more than 2 events. I am at a point I need to know what questions you have. We can continue our dialogue in this setting. I hope that the information I provided has been helpful. Please remember to select REPLY TO EXPERT if for any reason you need further clarification, have more questions, or were expecting a different type of answer. My goal is to provide the best answer possible prior to you leaving a feedback rating. If you received all the information you needed, then kindly submit a rating.
Expert:  Dr. Joey replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Tracy Corbett. How is everything going?

Dr. Joey