Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dogs have a kennel in the garage. I used a bit too much

Customer Question

My dogs have a kennel in the garage. I used a bit too much bleach cleaning it so I opened the garage door a crack and opened the back door of the garage and I have the air conditioner fan going full blast. I also have the dogs in the kennel that I did not use bleach in. Will my dogs be okay?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!It's great you are ventilating the area, if you are able to rewash the area with a water based cleaner or even recleaning with just water that will be great as well.Monitoring their respirations is key, so as long as there is no coughing or difficulty breathing and typically we want a resting respiratory rate (breaths per minute while at rest) to be <60 and as long as none of these signs are seen you can monitor.But if there is coughing, respiratory rates are consistently >60 (even with the heat), gums are pale, blue, purple, they are depressed then they should see a veterinary er to get some oxygen therapy as a precautionPlease let me know if this information makes sense and any additional questions I can assist with today!If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. How are your dogs feeling today? I would love an update
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Hi Langdon,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman