Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 21 mo. old male terrier, eats everything,

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 21 mo. old male bull terrier, eats everything, on his afternoon walk yesterday he grabbed a lump of mashed potatoes that had fallenout of the garbage the truck had picked up, the lump was laying on some crushed glass. he grabbed it before I could pull him away from it. I do not know if any glass was attached to it or not. he eats grass a lot because he has a tempermental stomach, his poo this morning and this afternoon has been normal looking, no blood in it or glass, but he seems like it took him a bit to go, a lot of walking, stretching, front legs down and but up stretching. And he is laying around this afternoon. Am I being paranoid, or what should I watch for to know if there is a problem?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with your question today. Just like an in person consult, I have a few questions of my own to help ensure I give you the best advice possible...Do you know about how much glass he got?Was it ground into sort of a powder, or was it in shards?Has he been doing any vomiting or attempting to vomit with no success?