Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dogs is raw. Vet thinks she ate something. She has

Customer Question

My dogs butt is raw. Vet thinks she ate something. She has bad diahreea. Is there a cream or something I can put on it? She's an English bulldog so she can't reach her butt to clean it.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
I am very sorry to hear that she has so many issues bombarding her all at once. In regards ***** ***** her sore bottom, you do first want to make sure you keep it regularly cleaned. You can use dilute chlorohexidine or mild salt water to this and avoid her developing a dermatitis. As well, make sure to pat the area dry afterwards. In regards ***** ***** you can request that her vet dispense Fuciderm. This is a very good topical treatment for irritating skin around the rectum. Otherwise, you can alternate applying an OTC hydrocortisone cream and antibiotic cream. The first will soothe the inflammation and the second help keep infection away. And if her vet can halt that diarrhea, then we'd expect this to all settle for her.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )