Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My dog ate a 40 mg Prilosec this morning will it hurt him? He is 94 lbs.

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.
Since Cody is such a large lad, this dose would be no worry at all. It is actually right in the middle of the Prilosec dosing range we use in dogs. Therefore, we'd not be worried here and there is no treatment necessary. Of course, if he is a sensitive stomached lad, we could see a bit of GI upset, but would only need to offer a light diet (ie rice with boiled chicken, white fish, or scrambled egg) to settle that for him.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )