Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Dog diagnosed with enlarged liver and spleen. blood work very

Customer Question

dog diagnosed with enlarged liver and spleen. blood work very good. how to treat.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be happy to help you. I may need to ask you a few questions to better assess your situation.
Did your vet just run bloodwork, or did they do an x-ray and/or ultrasound of the abdomen as well?
How old is he?
Is he showing any signs of illness?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My VET DID BLOODWORK LAST WEEK. xRAY DONE LAST mONDAY. NOT my vet that is why asking question.
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
Sorry. I am not set up to make phone calls. I can still help you online if you would like. If not, I can opt out and let another expert who may be able to make a phone call take over.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can type conversation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there with any answers?
Expert:  Dr. John replied 1 year ago.
I am here. I still have a couple more questions for you. What is his age? Is he showing any signs of illness?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear you are worried about your dog. It appears your first expert had to leave the conversation. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.
This is a possibly serious situation and I understand your being worried. Since I can't see and examine your dog, a little more information will help me.
How old is he? Is he eating well, acting normal, or does he seem sick to you?
How was the enlarged liver and spleen diagnosed? Did he have an Xray or an ultrasound?
This is an Info Request, to help me answer your questions about him. Rebecca