Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My Cavalier King Charles spaniel has eaten something - I believe

Customer Question

My Cavalier King Charles spaniel has eaten something - I believe it was a new plant I am holding in the back yard until it can be planted out front. The plants there were Mandevilla, Liropie (a?), Verbena, and (I must run and check the last name. she has diarrhea and has vomited. I have given her water in my palm, which she will take, but she won't drink otherwise. Is there anything I can do tonight to help calm her?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
What type of Verbena was it? Lantana?
How long ago do you think she was exposed to the plants?
Any blood or mucus in her diarrhea?
Can she keep water down?