Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

My pup fell off my daughters top bed when he was a two weeks old, but she hide it

Customer Question

Hi my pup fell off my daughters top bunk bed when he was a two weeks old, but she hide it from me. He's 8 weeks old now and when he walks his head wobbles. He's able to eat, play, clean himself fine, but when he walks his neck wobbles and he's not stable like the other pups. Is there any way to correct this injury?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Has he had the head wobble since he was 2 weeks?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,
Now if he has had this head wobble since his fall, then we'd have to be concerned that the fall caused damage to his cerebellum at the back of the brain. And I have to warn you that after 6 weeks since the injury, it is possible that there is permanent damage. It shouldn't get worse, but he could have a permanent wobble. That said, since the brain is one of the slowest to heal organs, we could still see some improvement with time. To help this, it would be ideal to consider having a check with his vet at this point. They can start him on anti-inflammatories to reduce any swelling while the brain heals. And this could reduce those signs for him quicker and at least help us achieve some improvement from this serious brain injury.
Please take care,
Dr. B.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Sophia,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sophia. How is everything going?

nekovet