Dr. Whitehead
Dr. Whitehead, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, internship trained, with 5 years of experience in high quality practice treating dogs, cats, and some exotics.
13146597

We take our dog offen on a heavy dusty road on a ATV. Does

Customer Question

We take our dog offen on a heavy dusty road on a ATV. Does the dust pose health concerns for my dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Whitehead replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. I am happy to help you this evening with your girl. The dust can definitely cause irritation and coughing if to much of it is inhaled. So I would absolutely recommend limiting it as much as possible. All that dust goes into the lungs and causes inflammation. Doing it every once in a while does not cause much of a problem but all the time can cause irritation and breathing issues. So again it is best to limit her exposure to the dust. I hope this helps and I hope this makes sense. Please do nothesitate to ask if you have any further questions or concerns. I would be happyto help. Please do not forget to rate my response so I receive credit for mytime. Thank you!