Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog has lumps that come and go on her head. It started around her e

Customer Question

My dog has lumps that come and go on her head. It started around her eye and it looked swollen. Then it went away and stared on her other eye. Now her eyes are fine but she has lumps on her head. We took her to the vet and she didn't know what they are. She has also been vomiting.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Please let me know if you still need help. You appear to be describing hives and wheals - an urticarial reaction seen with delayed hypersensitivity reactions to a food, environmental allergen, vaccination, envenomation by flying insect or spider, or even environmental variables such as temperature and humidity changes. Can you upload a photo of representative skin to our conversation? You can use the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or you can use an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com. I can be more accurate for you if I can see what you're seeing.