Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

How am I supposed to collect a urine sample from my dog?

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I apologize for not clarifying this point, you use a tupperware container to transport the sample and often we will use a soup ladle to get underneath a dog to get a sample so that we are a little farther away and not in their space when they urinate. Besides the morning being the best sample for diagnostic reasons, it is also the best time because increased urgency they likely will not stop urinating when something is placed under them (not touching though) If you are unable to collect a sample this way then your veterinarian will do what is called a cystocentesis or using a needle into the bladder to collect a sample in a more sterile fashionPlease let me know any additional questions I can assist with or clarify today! Again apologies for not giving specifics in regards ***** ***** collection! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!