Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My mix (lab ?) suffers every year. Losing hair and itch. New

Customer Question

My mix (lab ?) suffers every year. Losing hair and itch. New is sores that if u squeeze them they shoot out hair. Then they start to puass slightly in a different spot on the sore. She is so sad. Antibiatics malpet shampoo mets for itch meds for swelling
Any ideas. She has lost all the hair on her back
Submitted: 1 year ago via Dog-Health-Guide.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is about 4 and has suffered since a year old. She doesn't feel good. I don't seem to be able to help her. My #(###) ###-#### ********@******.***
Expert:  Rosie_MRCVS replied 1 year ago.
Hi I'm Rosie one of the vets and I'd like to try and help you and your dog. I'm sorry that she is suffering with her skin at the moment - this is a very common problem this time of year. Can you let me know which specific medication she is on at the moment? Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also have her on zignature trout dog food. I am changing her to an all lamb treat. What else can I do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She is also a little over weight. Should be 95. Is 105
Thank you for getting back to me - I'm sorry it has taken me a while to reply - I am on call tonight (I'm in England) and had to see a fitting puppy. I'm sorry, but I still need more information so I can best help you.
- which specific antibiotic is she on, and if she has finished them, when?
- which "meds for itching" is she on?
- do you mean the malaseb shampoo?
- what do you mean by "meds for swelling"?
I'm sorry that I still need information. but I really need to know what mediation she is on and how long for - that way I won't waste your time by telling you to treat her with something you already are, and there won't be any danger of recommending treatment that will interact with what she's already on. Thank you, Rosie