Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog had back surgery last week. When I went to visit him,

Customer Question

My dog had back surgery last week. When I went to visit him, he had red/pink patches on his stomach on both sides of his penis. It's continued to look worse, even though we've been applying the medication that the vet gave us. It now looks like a yellow-like layer of infection (comparable to what a large scab would look like if it were soaked for a long time). And part of that is peeling away revealing deeper skin layers. Do these types of urine scalding sores look worse than they actually are? Should I bring him back to the vet?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Is he getting urine on his skin, or does he have a urinary catheter in place?
What treatment were you given to apply?
Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, I am happy to have a look (since it will let me see what you are seeing). To post them, you can either use the wee paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek