Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  15 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
14018973

My family owns a small Animal Clinic and just recently

Customer Question

Hello , My family owns a small Animal Clinic and just recently the hired resident Veterinarian wants to claim the Consultation Fee to herself . Is this right ? Thanks
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.
Welcome. I'm Dr. Bruce and I've been a small animal veterinarian for over 15 years. Thank you for your question. To be very honest, if this resident Veterinarian is an employee (not an owner), then the compensation that they receive is dependent on what the employers want to pay them. Any and all compensation is basically a contract / agreement between the two parties. What is "right" for one pairing is not going to always be the same for other parties in a similar situation. It is a compromise between the owners getting paid for their investment in the business and the veterinarian being compensated for their contribution to it. It is a dynamic relationship that requires both parties to be happy for it to work and work well. With salary negotiation, there are no exacts.