Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Thank you Rebecca! Is it safe to give my dog Benadryl on top

Customer Question

Thank you Rebecca! Is it safe to give my dog Benadryl on top of Atopica? She is a 55Ibs Bracco Italiano and she is on 100mg Atopica every two days. Today we took a walk across the fields and she is very itchy right now. I just gave her a bath to get rid of any pollen on skin but I wonder if I can also add a Benadryl. She had her Atopica at 7AM this morning. It is now noon. Thank you!
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
In regards ***** ***** question, these two drugs can be used together safely. So, further to bathing her, it would be fine to give Benadryl as needed. You can read more about the drug and its dose range at http://www.petplace.com/article/drug-library/library/over-the-counter/diphenhydramine-benadryl
Please take care,
Dr. B.