Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog is getting a chemo IV tomorrow. He is supposed to fast

Customer Question

My dog is getting a chemo IV tomorrow. He is supposed to fast tonight. Does fasting include water?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome.My name is***** I am an experienced small animal veterinary surgeon and I will be very pleased to work with you today and will try my best to answer your question to your satisfaction. 1. In this sort of situation I personally allow water up to midnight on the day before the procedure.I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hi Jackie,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Maxwell. How is everything going?