Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian, BS (Physiology)
15010675

My beagle has been diagnosed with a soft tissues sarcoma on

Customer Question

My beagle has been diagnosed with a soft tissues sarcoma on her leg -hemangiopericytoma they called it. She is on Bravo raw . What could I give her to boost her immune system?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 1 year ago.
Hello. These tumors are considered benign tumors, in that they don't metastasize to other areas in the body. They are locally invasive, though, so they can spread in the current area and re-grow. The treatment of choice is to surgically remove it. If the borders are clean on the biopsy, then no further treatment is needed. If the tumor cells extend to the borders on the biopsy, then follow up radiation therapy is recommended to prevent re-growth. Most vets can get a surgical cure the first time. You really don't need to give anything orally to boost the immune system. Just make sure her diet is complete/ balanced. That will give her immune system everything it needs. The next step here should be surgical removal before it's too big to remove. I hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions.