Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Dogs normal temp Malamute ? Some what gut breathing Peeing

Customer Question

Dogs normal temp Malamute ?
Some what gut breathing
Peeing on her self when asleep
Off balance not bad but setting she can wave side to side 1/4 inch
Not very hungry but eats Drinking water
Stool looks good but small
She`s having some tests done now but want to no when should or if we should take her in to emergency ?
She`s 4 years 8 months old 99 lbs
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!So sorry to hear that your Princess is not feeling well Normal temperature should be 100-102.5 but when rectal temperature gets >104 it is time to have her seen at a veterinary er. Other clinical signs that warrant a veterinary er visit include:- Gums are pale, yellow, brick red and sticky indicating dehydration- Vomiting or diarrhea with blood in it- Increased lethargy or difficulty getting comfortable- Swollen abdomen- Respiratory rate > 60 while at rest - No interest in food for 24+ hours- No urination for 12+ hours- Return of the trembling without resolution for more than an hour- Productive coughing- Taking a "play bow" or what looks like a downward dog position which is abdominal distressI hope this information makes sense but please let me know how else I can assist you both today! I truly hope she is feeling better soon If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am signing off tonight but will check in tomorrow to see if you have responded with any additional questions or concerns.
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. How is Princess? Did you have to take her into the er?
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mike,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Princess. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman