Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 5 yr old hound akita hound that has been kicking

Customer Question

hi I have a 5 yr old hound akita hound that has been kicking his an us and is showing little drips of red blood from it
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question. It looks like the doctor that you originally requested is offline, and your question was just unlocked by an administrator.
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
We can see blood coming from this area for multiple reasons - anal gland abscesses, perianal fistulas, or a tumor. I do not think this is likely related to intestinal parasites. I recommend having him evaluated by your local vet. I would start with a physical and a rectal exam. An anal gland abscess would be the easiest to treat - these are generally resolved with about 10-14 days of an oral antibiotic and some pain medication. Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek.