Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog will not eat drink nor use the bathroom he walks with head down and cries when I mo

Customer Question

My dog will not eat drink nor use the bathroom he walks with head down and cries when I move him. He won't even walk to me. Which is extremely unusual.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How long has this been going on? 2- Any vomiting, diarrhea or coughing? 3- How old is your dog? 4- Any pre existing medical conditions? 5- Any other symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Today
2. No
3. Three years old
4. No
5. His arms are what's sore and tender to touch the legs are fine
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
1- How much does he weigh? 2- Is he on any medications?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Five lbs
2. No
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, the symptoms that you are describing are consistent with neuromuscular pain. Very likely a pinched nerve along the back (neck) as a result of a bulging disc.The best option in this case is having him checked immediately by ER veterinarian to start him on prescription pain killing and anti inflammatory medication. If you do not have access to ER vet or you are not able to get him into the family vet in the morning you can start him on Aspirin 81mg 1/4 tablet every 12 hours. The best option is not starting aspirin and having him checked by ER veterinarian for prescription medication. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon! Dr. Peter
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Taughnesha Wheatley. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter