Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My springer spaniel is not drinking water

Customer Question

My springer spaniel is not drinking water is bloated and her heart is beating fast. She is shaking
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.
Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:
Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count her breaths for 10 seconds + multiply by 6)?
And a heart rate (just the same but with your hand on her heart to count the beats)?
Are her gums pink or pale/white?
When her vet drained her belly last time, what was the fluid color?
Did they do an xray or heart scan to diagnose what is causing this (since its likely the same issue reaching a critical point)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry. I reived your response and I am not able to give you the information on her b
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
OK,
If you are unable to do so, would you like me to send your question back to customer service?
Dr. B.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I ended up taking her to a local Vet. Ended up being a heart mumor . Thank you