Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Ww have taken our dog to the vet and got X-rays and blood tests.

Customer Question

ww have taken our dog to the vet and got X-rays and blood tests. Everything comes back good yet our dog has no energy and can't catch breath
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Can you upload a copy of her test results to our conversation? I understand that you might not have a copy of the results at home but her vet should be able to give you one which you could scan into your computer and give me the link or you can photograph the page(s) and upload the images by using the paperclip icon in the toolbar above your message box (not if you're using the chrome browser) or by using an external app such as imgur.com or dropbox.com.
If blood and urine tests have been unremarkable and X-rays of Dorie's chest and abdomen found nothing unusual, I would focus on her heart and lungs. Cardiopulmonary disease should be an important consideration in any 11 year old small breed with exercise intolerance and dyspnea (difficulty breathing). If there's any chance that something was missed in her chest films, having those films reviewed by a specialist veterinary radiologist whom most of us have available to read our more difficult X-rays for us would be prudent. Was Dorie's heart rate and rhythm normal? Was a murmur heard upon auscultation (listening)?