Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

Same litter yorkies meaning brother and sister did it. is there

Customer Question

same litter yorkies meaning brother and sister did it. is there a chance that she is pregnant and will give birth anytime soon? how will i know.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
In regards ***** ***** question, even if they were related, pregnancy is quite possible. That said, we do have to appreciate that being such close relations means that there is increased risk of stillborn or pups with birth defects.
In regards ***** ***** pregnancy itself, this usually lasts and average of 63 days. Though in regards ***** ***** pregnancy at home, we usually won't see obvious signs until 25-30 days into the pregnancy (and at that stage we usually see weight gain and prominent pink nipples). Of course, if you wished to know sooner and for sure, after 3 weeks post mating your vet can diagnose the pregnancy by either blood sample or ultrasound. And finally, if you were not keen for Lady to have these puppies, you could consider speaking to her vet about spaying her at this stage to remove the pregnancy and her uterus (to prevent future litters).
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best,
Dr. B.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )