Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My chiweenie just ate a pack or rolaids

Customer Question

My chiweenie just ate a pack or rolaids
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, Just to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now.My name is***** and I am a small animal vet with many years experience and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next fifteen minutes or so.We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls }Regards,Dr Scott
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Written reply is fine
Hello again and thanks for waiting. I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. As you have a smaller dog and since this has just happened I think just as a precaution and to be on the safe side you should make your dog vomit and recover the Rolaids that way. If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion then things may be OK . For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK 2. However even if you do not manage to induce vomiting then this number of Rolaids is not likely to be toxic or fatal to your dog as they are quite non toxic, but you may see some degree of gastro-intestinal tract disturbance such as vomiting or diarrhoea but this is rarely too serious. 3. If the wrappers were swallowed then in my experience these are also unlikely to cause a problem as many dogs do this and suffer no ill effects. 4. However it would be wise to keep an eye on your dog and if any unusual symptoms develop or you become further concerned then you should have your vet check him over. I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,
I am just checking back in to see how your dog is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Rolaids ...
How are things going?
Regards,
Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you { Using the site rating system }, such feedback really helps me maintain the quality of my answers.