Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I have a 15 pound long hair miniature dachshund. About 9PM

Customer Question

I have a 15 pound long hair miniature dachshund. About 9PM last night he vomited 3 different times, loose stools in the house 2x about same time of vomiting. We always take him outside to poop but this was like an accident. About 2AM this morning he awakened us by yelping. I thought he might be having a nightmare but he calmed down and we had another outburst louder that we could tell was major pain. It has continued now to being about every 15-20 minutes and screaming louder. He is in major pain. We have been rubbing his belly but do not feel hard places or anything unusual. The screaming is almost like a girl dog having pups or like someone stepped on his tail but he screams louder and longer. We are at my daughters home where we have been the last 6 weeks which is rural area no night vet service plus everything was closed yesterday for 4th holiday. We have given him half of a Pepto Bismol tablet. Could you help me please?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a video of my dog screaming but cannot attach to send it. Can you please call me so you can hear the video or him as it is becoming more frequent with screaming attacks? He has somewhat labored rapid breathing.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
I just came online and saw your posting about Toby. I am sorry he is in so much pain, and I am sorry another expert has not helped you yet.
How is he doing? Do you still need help with him?
I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help. Rebecca
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We took him to a vet who met us at her office. She xrayed and he has a gallstone. We are arranging surgery. Thanks for your reply.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.
Poor puppy, that is painful! I am glad he is being cared for. Let me know how he is doing. Thank you for the update.