brisadog
brisadog,
Experience:  dasdasd
25524280

Our lb GSP takes Sentinel. We gave it to her in her food.

Customer Question

Our 69 lb GSP takes Sentinel. We gave it to her in her food. Our 40 lb EP takes Heartgard and did not eat her food with the Heartgard and our GSP gobbled up her food with the Heartgard. Can there be any serious reactions that we should be aware of?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I can help you with your question today. According to the dermatologists, they will use both products together (Sentinel for heartworm, flea and intestinal parasite control) and ivermectin - the active ingredient in Heartgard (to treat an ectoparasite called demodex). There should be no problems with the ingestion by your GSP. Please let me know if you have further questions. I am happy to continue until I provide the service that you seek.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She ingested both pills - I'm concerned about poisoning. What does a dermatologist have to do with this?
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.
I understand. The two medications will not case any problems. My point is that veterinary dermatologist will PRESCRIBE the use of these medications together. She is not poisoned.
Expert:  brisadog replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Susan