Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My ***** ***** is scared to death of fireworks & storms. is

Customer Question

My ***** ***** is scared to death of fireworks & storms. is there anything besides the vest I can do for him homemade for his fears
Submitted: 1 year ago via Vet.com.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.
Poor Hot Shot! This is very common this time of year and your vet can prescribe Acepromazine for him to keep him calm. They come in tablet form and will tranquilize Hot Shot enough so that he is calm during the noise.
It may help to purchase a DAP Collar available at the pet store which is a canine pheromone that acts as a calming agent. This along with Benadryl at 1 mg per pound may help but is not as effective as the tranquilizer. Call your vet....your vet is already getting calls from other clients....:))
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please Reply so I can clarify for you
Sincerely, ***** *****