Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My Yorkie "Sarge" and I moved from Los Angeles to Phoenix ex

Customer Question

My Yorkie "Sarge" and I moved from Los Angeles to Phoenix exactly 1month ago. since then he has been throwing up 1 to 3 times a day since arrival. All other health and behavior seems fine. We are here to take care of my Aunt who had a stroke and she keeps her A/c at about 85+F. In L.A. my House was never warmer or colder than 79F Thank you. Sunny

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
Aloha! You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner, Sunny. I'm not going to incriminate the warmer ambient temperature until all medical disorders are ruled out. Vomiting that frequently for so long has too many possible etiologies to post in this venue and so you'll need to find a vet for Sarge who will perform a thorough physical exam including diagnostics in the form of blood and urine tests including a specCPL blood test which is the best for identifying the presence of pancreatitis.
How old is Sarge, please? Does he have any pertinent previous history? What does his diet consist of? Is he currently on any medications or supplements?