Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

I'm not sure, but I think my dog ate part of a 400 mg. Pen

Customer Question

I'm not sure, but I think my dog ate part of a 400 mg. Pentoxyfilline
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How much does she weigh? 2- How much of the 400mg tablet did she eat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She weighs about 13lbs. I'm not sure if she ate the whole thing or at all. She does not like medication at all. Right now she seems to be panting a little. Tv
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, the dose for Pentoxyflline in dogs between 10-30mg/kg; based on her weight she took a dose of 67mg/kg. At this dose we may see gastrointestinal symptoms like: Vomiting, diarrhea, excitement, etc. I don't believe this will be fatal for your dog. At this stage we are limited as to what you can do at home. I would recommend you observe her for the next 24 hours. If she becomes over active or weak, pale gums, panting excessively, etc. I would have her checked by ER veterinarian. If no symptoms develop within 24 hours unlikely for symptoms to develop. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Honey Bun. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter