Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My 95 lb mix ate a20 mg lisinopril tablet. I induced vomiting

Customer Question

Hi. My 95 lb mix ate a20 mg lisinopril tablet. I induced vomiting and she emptied the contents of her stomach but pill seems mashed up in food. Should I worry about or be looking for symptoms? She is fine and resting now. Thank you.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. I am sorry the expert you requested is not available. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- To make sure I got this right, it was only one tablet, correct?
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Alison, if it was only 1 tablet of Lisinopril 20mg this will not be toxic for your dog she will be fine. No need to worry.
Note: Alison, I am sorry for the delay in response I just got this question in the main screen.
Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!