Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My dog keeps wetting on the floor but it's more like water

Customer Question

Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome! I am Dr. Altman, a licensed veterinarian and happy to answer your questions today.
So sorry to hear Kya is having accidents on the floor
There are definitely several concerns when you mention she is having accidents but moreso that the accidents are more like water.
There are multiple causes included diabetes, kidney disease, urinary tract infection, cushing's disease to name a few.
First step is an examination at your veterinarian, a urinalysis (evaluation of her urine to see how well she is concentrating, whether there is protein or glucose in her urine), and potentially some bloodwork so that the underlying cause can be determined in order to begin appropriate treatment to stop progression of the cause and hopefully the signs of dilute urine in the house
But with there being so many causes we need more information to hone in on that cause and begin that appropriate therapy. I hope this makes sense, if you are able to collect a first morning urine sample (the most concentrated sample of the day) in a tupperware contain and have it evaluated within an hour or refrigerate and bring in later in the day that would be the first step to finding out how best to treat Kya
Please let me know how else I can assist you both today!
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!