Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I dont have any peroxide to make him throw up. he seems fine

Customer Question

i dont have any peroxide to make him throw up. he seems fine right now. there have been no bad reactions to any of themeds he has been prescribed do i need to get his stomach pumped?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I apologize for the delay in my response.
If you are able to get to the store then that would be best to find some peroxide, either a grocery or pharmacy because we do have an hour after ingestion
Because we are at the marginal or low end dose of possible signs but often signs are not seen until a higher dose you may elect to monitor for the signs I had listed or take Murphy into a veterinary er to give stronger medication to induce vomiting such as apomorphine.
This would be a precaution to minimize the possible side effects. If you elect to monitor then it would be best to have him seen if he does develop those signs to minimize further progression
I hope this information helps but please let me know how else I can assist you both today
If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!
If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Murphy. How is everything going?

Dr. Altman