Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

Dog occasionally has very loose stools. Wasn't eating

Customer Question

Dog occasionally has very loose stools. Wasn't eating for a day. Now back to normal except for stools has been 3 days. How to treat?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and would like to help.

Since sweet Wellstone is older, this may be due to a form of Inflammatory Bowel Disease that causes these loose stools. This is basically an allergic reaction and is treated with a hypoallergenic dog food such as Hills ZD or Royal Canin HYpoallergenic. This is worth a try for now. If this is caused by stress, you can give WEllstone Pepto Bismol at 1 teaspoon per 20 pounds of his weight every 8 hrs.

This LINK will explain in more detail.

Does that make sense to you?

Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am happy to help. My goal is 100% satisfaction and if you are not satisfied, REPLY and I am happy to clarify for you.

Sincerely, ***** *****