Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is 14 years old,and has never been sick .all of sudden

Customer Question

my dog is 14 years old,and has never been sick .all of sudden he is tired losing weight ,labored berathing and bleeding from his nose [left nostril only] what is wrong?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm a licensed veterinarian and I'd like to help you and Rudy today. I'm so sorry to hear about Rudy's illness. . .labored breathing, weight loss and bleeding from his nose. I'm very concerned for him. Pneumonia could be causing his symptoms, as could heart failure, as could cancer. It is possible that he also has a coagulation problem and is bleeding internally into or around his lungs.Has he been ill for very long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
about a week .
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what can i do ,is he suffering?
Thanks for your reply. I strongly recommend that you seek veterinary care there today. I'm sure he is suffering, but he may have something that can be treated! I recommend that you take him today so that your vet can determine what is wrong, support Rudy with some oxygen and whatever else he needs for his immediate care.Unfortunately, there really is nothing you can do for him at home. . .I'm so sorry.
If money is an issue for you (like most of us), there is a credit card that you can get immediately at your vet's (most vets offer this). You would probably be approved right away, and monthly payments are usually interest free for the first 6 months.