Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in surgery and internal medicine.
16881297

My CBR(chessie) has been vomiting since last night-6-7 times

Customer Question

My CBR(chessie) has been vomiting since last night-6-7 times normal yellow/green vomit. the last 2 times were blood. Any ideas? Its weekend and can't get to vet until am tommorrow.
Thanks for your time,
Dave, NJ
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 1 year ago.
Good morning and welcome. I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and would like to help.
I am so sorry to hear about Lacy's condition. Because fo her age, I always worry that this could be due to Kidney Failure or a Pancreatitis which will require veterinary care. This could also be digestive disturbance caused by something that she has eaten or stress. The treatment for this is as follows:
Fast for 24 hrs and give only small amounts of water or ice cubes.
Give Pepcid AC at 0.5 mg per pound every 8 hrs. This is available at the pharmacy over the counter.
After the fast, feed a bland diet of rice and chicken boiled 2/1
If Lacy is feeling better, wean her onto her regular diet. If she is not feeling better, have your vet examine Lacy to determine the cause.
Does that make sense to you?
Please let me know if you have any other questions. I am happy to help. My goal is 100% satisfaction and if you are not satisfied, REPLY and I am happy to clarify for you.
Sincerely, ***** *****