Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.
25161683

My dog ate a 20 mg lisinopril is she in danger

Customer Question

my dog ate a 20 mg lisinopril is she in danger
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian. I am happy to answer your question today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice. There may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough reply for you. 1- How much does she weigh? 2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%? 3- How long since she took the pill?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
5.5 lbs
Yes
All most 1 hour
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
Friend, 20mg will not be fatal for a 5.5 lbs dog. This comes to a dose of 8mg/kg; typically we don't see hypotension with doses below 20mg/kg. Your dog may experience some vomiting otherwise she will be fine. Please do not forget to rate my answer - I hope you found it to be excellent. If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know. It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service." Thank you for your business and I hope to work with you again soon!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He was great
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.
thanks