Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

What is the dosage of cerenia 60 lb dog

Customer Question

what is the dosage of cerenia for a 60 lb dog
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!The dose of cerenia will vary depending on its function, for nausea or for car sickness...CLICK HERE for more information on the product which lists: The oral formulation is used to treat vomiting in dogs and is dosed at approximately 0.9 mg per pound (2 mg/kg) orally once daily for up to 5 consecutive days. So 60 mg for your dog daily To treat motion sickness in dogs, Maropitant citrate is dosed at approximately 3.6 mg per pound (8 mg/kg) once daily for up to 2 consecutive days. It is recommended that dogs be fasted for 1 hour prior to travel. So 200 mg for your dog Please let me know if this information makes sense and any additional questions I can assist with today! If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier.
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!