Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My seven-year-old mini poodle has a strange spot that came

Customer Question

My seven-year-old mini poodle has a strange spot that came up somewhat suddenly on his side. It's near his ribs. Almost all the hair around the spot is gone in a nearly perfect circle. My Best guess is that he pulled it out while fiddling with the spot. I don't know what it is, and I'm a little freaked out. I am planning to take into the vet on Tuesday, but if this is an emergency I want to know so I can get him there sooner. I have photos. It's shiny, pink and raised with something that looks like x-shaped creases in the center.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!I would be happy to evaluate some photos for you. Of course, without palpation and cytology (looking at cells under the microscope) I will not be able to definitively diagnose the lesion but can give you an idea of urgency of evaluation CLICK HERE for a link on how to download photos