Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

My 20 pound female ***** ***** may have eaten a 5 mg ramapril

Customer Question

My 20 pound female ***** ***** may have eaten a 5 mg ramapril capsule.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!Ramipril is a drug known as an ACE inhibitor and is actually sometimes used in Veterinary medicine for dogs with heart failure. The typical dose used for dogs is 0.25 - 0.5mg per kg once daily. Your dog is 20 pounds (9 kg) and so has ingested around 0.55 mg/kg which is slightly higher than the normal range for her size. With it only being slightly elevated amount at this point I would therefore not expect there to be cause for any harm to a dog of this size!Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns :) If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!If you have additional questions after you rate the question, you are welcome to request me for additional conversations if I am on-line or by beginning your question "Dr. Altman..." or "Dogdoc4u..." and others will leave the questions for me. Good luck to you both!!!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am going to be away from my computer for a little bit but will return soon to see if you have responded with any additional questions or concerns. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier. I hope your JRT x is doing alright after the possible ingestion
Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!
If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Dr. Altman
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She's fine doctor. I don't think she ate the pill, as two where found on the floor. One was untouched, the other had teeth marks but was unbroken, so she must not have liked the taste. (Good thing.) Thanks for asking and for the assistance.
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 1 year ago.
That is great news, thank you so much for the update and a huge relief for you I am sure!Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance in the future and if you were satisfied with my responses please rate so I may be compensated for my time. Thank you and best wishes to you both :)