Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dogs eye looks like it is bleeding its on the white part

Customer Question

My dogs eye looks like it is bleeding its on the white part under her eyelid a couple days ago she was stung or bit by something on her eyelid I gave her childrens benadryl when it happened it doesn't seem to bother her it just looks really bad is there something I can do for her at home
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
You've described scleral inflammation or hemorrhage and it's likely to have arisen secondary to the envenomation a couple of days ago. This would be a superficial change, then, and not reflective of a deeper ocular problem. The tincture of time is all that's necessary in an otherwise normal dog. You should see the redness abate over a period of 7-10 days. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.