Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

My dog is acting very anxious and has been 13 hours

Customer Question

my dog is acting very anxious and has been for about 13 hours now. hes all over the place, crying and wont stay still. there is a chance that he may have ingested a gabapentin 400mg. what can i do?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i really need an answer like now. my dog is super tripping out
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Gabapentin is commonly dosed to dogs at a dose of 5-10 mg/lb and overdoses are expected to cause sedation rather than agitation. It sounds as if he ingested a prescription or recreational drug, is reacting to a pesticide or other chemical, or is experiencing a complex partial seizure. If he's still symptomatic at this time, I would hope that you've already had him attended to by a vet. Please give me an update on him if you wish or ignore this post if you've already had him attended to and have no need to continue consulting with me.