Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.
60269376

At what age we can switch puppies to raw food or

Customer Question

At what age we can switch puppies to raw food or dog food to keep them healthy so they can increase their weight
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.
Now there are a lot of different opinions as when to start puppies onto a raw food diet. That said, we generally would do so between 5-11 weeks of age. This tends to be done fairly early, since pups are most impressionable at this stage and therefore most likely to accept a new diet without too much fuss. Of course, whenever you choose to make this change, to remember to slowly wean them over. If one swaps foods to quickly, this can lead to diarrhea. But just as we'd do with any off, we'd slowly wean off their mum's milk (if they are very young) or current diet onto the raw diet we wish to feed.
I hope this information is helpful.
If you need any additional information, do not hesitate to ask!
All the best, *****
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. -**Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need, as this is how I am credited for helping you. ** Thank you and hope to see you again soon! : )
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.
Hi M,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

nekovet